The audite label was founded by Friedrich Mauermann in Stuttgart in 1973. From the outset, our policy of making available to a broad public outstanding interpretations of noteworthy repertoire at the highest possible quality has been central to our work and public perception. Initially, we predominantly issued live recordings of the Symphonies by Gustav Mahler with Rafael Kubelik and the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra: even today these recordings rate amongst the most exceptional interpretations of these works.
Alongside his responsibilities of selecting artists and repertoire, audite's director Ludger Böckenhoff is also still active as producer and Tonmeister. Based in Detmold, audite operates with a team of committed and highly qualified, permanent staff:
- artists and repertoire, Tonmeister: Ludger Böckenhoff
- press, promotion and PR: Beate Stender
- archive, database, research: Wencke Wallbaum-v. Kloeden
- graphic design and video, administration: Agnes Böckenhoff
- shipping department: Natalia Gettich
- website content management and communication, Tonmeister, digital distribution
In addition to our permanent team, we employ freelance specialists in the fields of production, editing, mixing, mastering, project management, booklet note writing and translation, archive research, EDP and programming.